Every year on the 22nd April we celebrate Earth Day and now is more important that ever that everyone is taking responsibility in working and leaving in harmony with the planet.
Earth Day has been been celebrate since the 1970 and this year the organiser are calling for three days of climate action.
What is Earth Day?
Earth Day is an annual event design to expand the awareness of the incredible serious environmental issue that we're facing, from air pollution to deforestation and increase of air temperatures.
This year also the Us president Joe Biden has organised a virtual summit to highlight the urgency for stronger climate action.
The event will be attend by 40 world leaders and will be live-streamed because of the Corona Virus pandemic.
We are all responsible:
During the various Corona Virus lockdowns we have listen talk about "nature healing" thanks to peoples move less around and consuming less fossil fuels but unfortunately CO2 emissions are already back at above pre-pandemic levels.
Now is the right time to challenge our leaders to commit on a large scale climate action.
We are at the edge of the cliff and unfortunately if we don't act now to reduce carbon emission we will not be able to keep global warming to 1.5°C.
How we tackle the problem here at The Hiden Collective:
- Our website is on Google Cloud, a carbon neutral platform, as Google matches 100% of the energy consumed with renewable energy.
- All our deliveries are fulfilled by the courier DPD and we guarantee that all our delivery are Carbon neutral
- We source only Ethical & Sustainable British Flowers. A locally outdoor grown bouquet of mixed British flowers is estimated to have produce only the 5% of CO2 emissions compared to the a bouquet of flowers grown in Holland or Kenya.
- 100% Eco-wrapping - All our packages are biodegradable or recyclable
- We are protecting a parcel of land in the Nicaraguan cloud forest of Isla de Ometepe
- All the above should be more than enough to offset any Carbon that we may produce, but just to play safe we plant a tree every order
No single person or business can solve climate change alone.
We are on a sustainability journey and we urge you to join us when you want to send flowers and gifts to your friends and loved ones.
If you would like to know anything more about what we are doing please drop us a line...