At The Hiden Collective we're extremely proud of only using compostable and biodegradable packaging.
We have taken this decision from day one to use only 100% eco-wrapping because as it is made of recycled waste material which reduces the consumption of resources. It's our way of reducing our demand on our planet's raw materials.
Would you like to know which of our packaging you can recycle and which you can pop in your compost bin?
- Boxes - our boxes are made from 100% recycled cardboard and are fully recyclable.
Carboard has a lot of environmental benefits. It is 100% recyclable and it does not cause any wastage.
- Cellophane - this is 100% compostable
Cellophane is derived from natural sources such as wood, while plastic wrap is made from oil. Unlike plastic, cellophane can't be recycled, but it is biodegradable, so it can be composted or sent to a landfill in the regular rubbish.
- Biodegradable hydrating fabric - This is the fabric that keeps the flowers happy during their overnight carbon-neutral journey - and is 100% compostable
The hydrating fabric is derived from a 100% plant based composition. Every component is grown from the ground and is completely renewable, biodegradable and compostable.
- Paper Wrap & Hessian - Both are 100% recyclable & compostable
Hessian is made from roughly spun natural tough plant fibres taken from the skin of Jute plants.
- Flower food sachet - 100% compostable
This is the first sustainable flower food sachet made from plant material. This means the sachets are biodegradable and the powder will keeps the flowers beautiful up to 60% longer.
- Box tape - Our box tape is paper based and 100% recyclable
Gummed paper tape is the only tape that is 100% recyclable and biodegradable.
The adhesive coated to the kraft paper is a starch based glue which is completely soluble in water.
No solvents are used in it’s manufacture and the adhesive gum breaks down easily in the recycling process.
Would you like to know why at The Hiden Collective we only use Ethical Sustainable British Flowers? FOLLOW THIS LINK